Thursday, May 4, 2017

Burma      trail

  It was a dark and gloomy night at Camp Hunua. All of us were sitting on dusty tables. We were about to watch a movie before we had walk through the even MORE horrifying
Forest. I was terrified! Eh, i'm not scared. Bethany said. What! How? Why? Bethany just laughed. Just then the first group went off into the dark bush. A few minutes later I began to here screams coming from the bush. My heart began to pound, my hands were getting sweaty and I would not stop fidgeting. I was so nervous. But then the sound of laughter cheered me up. From the movie. Horton fell in the river. Ahahahaha! That was all i heard. So i joined in the fun .AHAHAHAHA. I was louder than anyone else. Then, I see him standing at the door. It was Mr VB, it was the time, the time i had to toughen up and be brave. Because it was our turn to go through the horrendous…BURMA TRAIL!!  I got my shoes on and rushed to follow my group.
I was in the middle of the line to go into the scary bush of Camp Hunua. So, I walk very nervously through this terrible bush scared to death. Then suddenly a man jumped out of the bush and… BOO!!! We all
screamed like little Baby Chipmunks. AHHHHH. We all laughed in embarrassment. Just then i felt something foamy on my hand. I told everyone they felt it as well. I smelt it, oh come on it was shaving cream. EWWWW. Everyone said. There must have been shaving cream on the rope. We got on with our walk. Oink Oink. We all heard it, we all screamed again. And laughed again until everyone started to lose the rope. I CAN'T FIND THE STUPID ROPE!! Erin cried. Calm down, said Bethany. After that we had lots of fun walking through the not so scary bush anymore. Until SPLash! I stepped in a great big puddle. My shoes were saturated. Then a lot of fun things happened we got sprayed with a water gun, bowled by a leaf blower and attacked by lots of bushes. We could see the light of the end of the trail and we made a run for it. I was relieved. It was like the weight had been lifted of my shoulders. I think everyone felt the same. Except for bethany of course. Apart from that i was very proud of myself. I will remember it forever.

Hannah 💖  

No comments:

Post a Comment